lg LFXS24623D ice maker problems

Old 06-07-19, 07:49 AM
lg LFXS24623D ice maker problems

I recently purchased an lg LFXS24623D refrigerator. It appears that there is an issue with the ice maker. It will only make 2-3 trays of ice, then the water line freezes up. Upon checking the water pressure to the unit, it has 60psi going to the refrigerator.

It appears that the water fill tube (that fills the ice tray) inside the ice maker door is freezing up at the very end of the line.

The water line can be defrosted by using a hair dryer, and then it will make 2-3 more trays of ice before freezing up again. I also went ahead and replaced the water filter, and replaced the water inlet valve, but the issue still persists. I have also used the bypass plug to bypass the water filter and experienced the same problem.

Has anyone seen this before? It appears to be a common issue, but there does not seem to be anything documented on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-19, 09:16 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
What usually happens is the water valve is seeping and letting a little water into line and freezes. Anew water valve is needed.

Old 06-07-19, 10:03 AM
That is what I had thought too. But I already replaced the water valve, and the issue persists.