Kenmore He3t washer issue

Old 06-07-19, 01:03 PM
Kenmore He3t washer issue

The model number of my machine is 110.42922.200 and I have a couple of issues I need your help with.

First, I wanted to change the hot and cold water hoses (original rubber ones in place) and I got scared when it said "replace every 5 years" on the hose!! Got a new set of stainless steel hoses and went to attach but noticed the threads on the hot side of the inlet were a bit stripped. When I tested, water shot out from the connection.

So, off to the internet to buy a new inlet valve. Arrived today (love same day/next day shipping) and I went to replace it. As I was trying to remove the hose attached to the inlet valve inside of the machine, I felt like everything I had in my hands went slack like it pulled off of something it wasn't supposed to. I followed it along past the water flow meter and I got a bit of a surprise at the connection to the dispenser. The whole plastic input thingy pulled apart from the plastic body of the dispenser. (#1 in pic)

What is the fix for this? I'm assuming I have to buy a part but which part? The whole dispenser? Would a good plastics glue work to repair this and will it hold? I see lots of places say their product is waterproof and heat resistant.

My second question is with the electrical connection to the water flow meter. When I removed it, I noticed the entire circuit board that is inside the electrical connector came out with the plug. (#2 in pic) Does this mean I have essentially gutted the connection and will need a new meter or will it be okay?
Name:  wmproblem.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  3.57 MB

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-19, 01:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 13
Unfortunately you broke the dispenser. It will need the whole dispenser housing. Use a pair of pliers on connection Bse will slip off. I think I have done that to flow meter and just reinsereted it. been a few years since I have worked on one. Google this part # found one for 98$
WP8182704
Real pain to install. Be sure to install small part in one of the hose.

Old 06-07-19, 02:06 PM
Thanks Pugsl. I don't for the life of me recall putting that much pressure on that thing for it to break off the way it did. Any thoughts on a good gluing or am I taking a big chance? Also, can you clarify your point "Be sure to install small part in one of the hose."?

Old 06-07-19, 03:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Upvotes Received: 13
Do you have hardwood or carpets on floor ? On second floor I would not chance a repair of that part. I remember there was a valve or pin of some sort in hose near dispenser. Been retired 5+ years so may be wrong.
To reach the hose to tub take the front of the door boot loose and reach in there.

edee_em voted this post as helpful.

Last edited by pugsl; 06-08-19 at 03:42 AM.