LG French Door Refrigerator LMXC23746 2016 purchase

Old 07-01-19, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
LG French Door Refrigerator LMXC23746 2016 purchase

We bought this house one year ago and I found the manuals in a folder that says LG Fridge 2016.
It is a French Door Refridgerator LMXC23746.
Although I dislike the layout of the fridge and the space to get into the freezer, it has worked well for the 13 months we have been here. I noticed it was not working correctly when there was water on the floor. I traced it to the ice maker in the door. The ice was melting and dripping out. Opened the freezer and found that the meat I had put in the day before was cool still but not frozen. I double checked all the settings and put the freezer down to -6, hoping maybe the door was just cracked open a bit overnight. Checked both the freezer and fridge throughout the day and confirmed both were not cooling. Read through the manual last night and hoped for the best this morning.
Confirmed this morning that it is not cooling. Read through the manual again. Unplugged. removed the back lower panel to vacuum the coils and plugged it back in. Fan by the coils started and everything sounds pretty quiet, nothing unusual. I put the panel back on and set the timer for 2 hours. Trying to not open the fridge during that time and hoping again it will start to cool.
My next step will be to try the LG number in the manual to transmit codes through the phone. Has anyone had that phone call code system work?
Any other thoughts besides calling someone.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-19, 11:22 AM
Received 21 Votes on 17 Posts
I had similar problems with an LG french door refrigerator that I bought in 2007. The repair experience with LG was terrible. Finding a local repair service was very difficult and could only be done via the LG number.

Main control board was replaced under warranty the first time the cooling failed and we lost all food. They reimbursed us $150 for the lost food.

Another time we experienced a problem like yours and they replaced the freezer fan that had frozen up with a new design that prevents water build up (again under warranty). That fan is behind the inside rear panel of the refrigerator section.

Condensation at the ice maker door was a constant problem and ice would form in the latch preventing the door from being opened.

After the second time that we lost food due to lack of cooling in 2014 (the freezer door opened slightly causing the compressor to shut off) we replaced the refrigerator with a new Samsung. Our homeowners insurance reimbursed us $500 for the food lost.

If your home is a new build you may have a warranty claim against LG or possibly the builder.