Maytag dishwasher, I'm puzzled

Old 08-27-19, 02:41 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag dishwasher, I'm puzzled

Maytag dishwasher M/N MDB4040AWW. The soap dispenser is partly blocked by the top rack and only opens a crack. I can't see anything wrong. The rack isn't bent or out of place and it seats all the way. Rack, dispenser, and door look like the pictures in the manual. I tried to convince myself it's supposed to do that, but it doesn't work well (though it does mostly).

Could the rack be the wrong part that's identical except a little too long? Is it supposed to be that way? Am I be dreaming?

Old 08-30-19, 06:03 AM
Received 91 Votes on 86 Posts
Hi, is the soap being completely dispensed? is this a new machine? Maybe you could go to a appliance store and check out the unit there.
Geo

Old 08-30-19, 08:51 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,509 Votes on 1,396 Posts
I agree..... check it out in a showroom.

I work on appliances and I've never seen the soap dispenser blocked.
I looked in the parts manual for your unit but nothing can be ascertained from the diagrams provided.

Old 08-31-19, 07:24 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It's clear from the parts diagrams that all the parts are right. It's not just something bent or out of place--it's really blocked. It opens enough to work, usually, but only on the full cycle. Anyway, it's old and out of production. I attacked the rack with bolt cutters. This must be one of the things man isn't meant to know.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: