Maytag MFI2568AES fridge: touchpad not responding

Old 09-16-19, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Maytag MFI2568AES fridge: touchpad not responding

Maytag

I have MFI2568AES French style refrigerator. I had taken it out of service because the touch panel quit working on ice/water. Recently my existing refrigerator compressor burned up, so I put MFI2568AES back in service. The touch panel now locked up on zero for freezer and 38 for the refrigerator. It is stuck in the water cycle and also the filter replace light is on. It is cooling and freezer is working but the freezer is icing up.
I have tried resetting it, unplugging it but 30 minutes, checking both the low voltage and high voltage circuit boards with no results. I'm having trouble determining whether it is the high-voltage board, low voltage board, touch-pad or something else. I am ready to replace or have repaired the part that needs it, but I first need to determine which part I need. Any help you can give me would be appreciated so I can resolve this matter.

Thank you for your help and..... Have a great day!!!!!!

Last edited by Michael Dennis; 09-16-19 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Not enough info in title
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-19, 03:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Not sure where but there should be a tech sheet someplace in fridge. Could be taped to back or if there is a kick panel look behind there. It will tell you how to get into test mode.

Old 09-19-19, 11:09 AM
Group Moderator
Received 337 Votes on 315 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

A problem those fridges seem to be plagued with. Typically it's the fault of the more expensive main board. The following link is the tech sheet for your fridge. Please let me know after you download it so that I can remove it.

Maytag AFI_MFI FRIDGE 16026830 T.S..pdf