GE Model 20 Temperature fluctuates

Old 09-23-19, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Model 20 Temperature fluctuates

I have a GE model 20 that is about 15 years old. Lately the freezer temp and fridge temp have been fluctuating. Without any real reason, such as door being open for an extended period, the freezer temp will go as high as 24F. Then it starts to come back down and eventually reaches what is should be -1F. This takes a number of hours. I have noticed when the temp is rising the unit makes a noise that sounds different from the normal running noise.

I removed the back panel at the bottom and cleaned all the dust out and could see that the fan is running. I also cleared stuff away from the vents in the fridge. The control board was replaced early on when the unit was under warranty.

any ideas would be much appreciated.

Old 09-23-19, 04:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,963 Votes on 2,674 Posts
You need to locate the ID tag and post the full model number for me.

Old 09-24-19, 06:18 AM
sorry, the model number and serial number from the tag are

model: PFS22SISBSS
serial: FL042255

Old 09-26-19, 02:00 PM
GE Refrigerator Model model: PFS22SISBSS temp fluctuates

The model number you asked for in my first post is in the title. I did a quick reply to that request and have not heard anything back from you. I see you have responded to a number of forum inquires since my quick reply. below is the original message

I have a GE model 20 that is about 15 years old. Lately the freezer temp and fridge temp have been fluctuating. Without any real reason, such as door being open for an extended period, the freezer temp will go as high as 24F. Then it starts to come back down and eventually reaches what is should be -1F. This takes a number of hours. I have noticed when the temp is rising the unit makes a noise that sounds different from the normal running noise.

I removed the back panel at the bottom and cleaned all the dust out and could see that the fan is running. I also cleared stuff away from the vents in the fridge. The control board was replaced early on when the unit was under warranty.

any ideas would be much appreciated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: