GE washer wont fill

Old 11-10-19, 09:44 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
GE washer wont fill

Hello all, ive been having a problem with my GE washer. When the wash cycle starts, the water shoots out, but instead of filling the tub it goes into a crevice. How can i fix this?

Attached Images   
Old 11-11-19, 03:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
Is the water going on the floor after going in crevice? Can't tell from picture but I think you may have major problems. Dose it make a lot of noise in spin? Try to lift the stainless basket in tub, tub will move but basket should just move with tub. If basket can be lifted in tub you have a bad bearing. If makes a roaring sound in spin ,,bad bearing. The water in going through the boot in front, If you are lucky just the boot is torn from something left in a pocket (very rare) Usually boot is torn because basket is moving in tub and a major fail will happen.
Please answer questions and post model # and can help with parts and check warranty. Sometimes model # is on right side near floor in front.
Just looking at picture again it water is going between basket and tub try pulling the drain hose out of pipe in wall. Should only have about 6 inches in pipe. If in to far will cause a siphon and washer will not fill. Fairly common.

Old 11-11-19, 09:06 AM
B
Thank you. The water is not going on the floor, and the basket moves with the tub. Theres no noise with the spin cycle either. I tested a cycle again to see if i wasnt just seeing things, and the water sprayed into the basket like normal. My concern is that the tub looks like its too loose and i dont remember it looking this way. It looks like theres too much space between the tub and the rubber sealing.I also checked for the model number but i could not find it, sorry.

Old 11-11-19, 10:16 AM
M
Received 294 Upvotes on 264 Posts
Perhaps the following will help you find the model number
https://www.repairclinic.com/#

Has this unit ever worked correctly at this location and plumbing set up?

If the water is not ending up on the floor then it must be going down the drain.
The reason I asked about the plumbing is that if the drain hose is lower than the water level in the washer the water will drain out.

Old 11-11-19, 10:24 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 77 Upvotes on 70 Posts
The gap looks about right, if basket is not loose in tub and washer is not walking across floor I think you are OK. You only get about 2 inches of water in basket.

Old 11-11-19, 11:16 AM
B
Yes its worked, but it recently had problems with the spin cycle not occuring, but that was fixed. The washing was never a problem though. I think its all good now, ill continue to monitor it. Thank you both for your help, i appreciate it

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: