Kenmore top load washer stuck in rinse cycle

Old 11-13-19, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore top load washer stuck in rinse cycle

I have a Kenmore top load washer that gets stuck in rinse mode and I smell like a burning smell. When I empty it, I notice that the bottom of the drum on the left hand side feels warm. Any ideas on what is wrong? Is it worth fixing, or should I start looking for a good sale?

Model # 110-22442

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-19, 07:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 27 Votes on 26 Posts
There are more numbers in your model # Without the rest there are 2 or 3 models that start with those Numbers. Most Model 3 are found under lid in back.
Does it spin it you move timer by hand with lid closed.

Old 11-14-19, 05:22 PM
Complete number is 110-22442100 type 111

I believe it did spin when advanced manually. I had my renter try it, and he said he thought it did spin. I don't think he opened the top to see if it was spinning, and I didn't get to talk to him, he just left a message, that is why I don't know for absolute positive as of just yet. Assuming it does spin, what is your thought?

Old 11-15-19, 06:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
First thought is a bad lid switch and will not spin either lid closed or open. Try this it it doesn't spin.
Put hand under lid switch (with washer on and in spin, lid open) Use a small screwdriver or some thing that will go down slot and push lever. If it spins than you need a lid switch ' Let us know what you find, about 10 to 15 minute job to fix.

Old 11-15-19, 08:58 AM
I won't have time to get to it before Sunday. What are your thoughts on the burning smell coming from under the drum and the warm spot on the bottom of the drum?

I will check the spinning and the switch and get back to you. Thanks for the direction.

Old 11-15-19, 01:00 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
No idea about warm spot under drum, nothing under there but a gearcase and drain hoses. Burning smell tilt washer back against wall and look under it. About 5 inches up inside case look for a streak of oil. If there it will need a top seal in gearcase. Let us know what you find. Parts less than 50$ in worst case.

Old 11-17-19, 08:29 AM
My renter reported to me that he used the machine the other night and did several loads without a problem. Guess I will wait for now before doing anything further. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.