Stackable ventless washer and dryer draining into same drain?

Old 01-24-20, 01:24 PM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stackable ventless washer and dryer draining into same drain?

So I have wall hookups for a washer, and my dryer was venting into the crawl space under the house. It's for a new washer and dryer, and I've decided to go ventless since venting under the house was stressing me out. I'd love to have the ventless dryer drain from the unit instead of having to remove tray every time. My question is, is there a way for me to drain both washer and dryer into the same wall drain? .
Thanks!
Jeff

Old 01-24-20, 02:12 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,626 Likes on 1,460 Posts
If you have a stacked set with the dryer on top it could probably be set up to drain into the same drain the washer uses. If your dryer is at floor level does it have a pump to eject the water? If not then the dryer's water drain is going to be too low to use the washer's drain pipe.

Old 01-24-20, 06:39 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Why not extend your vent to a side vent in your crawl space. I did this and several years ago and never had a problem with it. I didn't even cut the side vent just butted it up and tied it down. As a dryer repairman I have always hated ventless dryers. Seem always to clog up. Maybe they are better now but lint and moisture do not mix.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: