Samsung dryer noise

Old 03-31-20, 06:42 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Samsung dryer noise

Model # DV42H5000EW. Purchased almost 4 years ago.

Yesterday, the dryer started making a loud whirring noise. It went away after a few minutes, so I assumed something might have gotten stuck. I noticed tonight that the exhaust hose had come off. Now I think maybe lint got pulled back into it and got stuck. Before I take the thing apart or call in repairs, thought I'd ask here.

Link to video with the noise.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LEx...ew?usp=sharing

Old 04-01-20, 02:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Lint will not get pulled into dryer. Plenty of lint comes out of clothes. Vent to outside maybe clogged and that could possibly blow off tube but I don't think so. It is fairly common for something to go down the lint trap and get stuck in blower. To get to blower take top off, control panel off or leave wires connected and fold back. 2 screws near lint chute (open door to find) Take screws out under control panel and front will come off. May have missed a step as it has been several years since I have done one.

Old 04-01-20, 03:01 AM
M
Received 235 Votes on 213 Posts
The following may help
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...0pXTTlDcGlXUWs

Could be you dodged a bullet with a vent that was not correctly attached to the dryer so it blew off.
Clean/check your vent system including the exterior vent to make sure the louvers open as it may be clogged.
Normally a clogged vent causes the thermal fuse on the blow to blow.

Old 04-07-20, 04:36 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Forgot to update. I pulled off the top and front. Cleaned out different areas. Ran my hand along the felt on the inside of the drum. Put it all back together. Sound was gone. See how long it lasts.

Old 04-07-20, 04:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Something as small as a safety pin can get between drum and felt. Will make a racket.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: