Kenmore Upright washer won't dispense products

Old 04-01-20, 01:16 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Upright washer won't dispense products

Kenmore Model 110.47751800
Named He5t

So I noticed bleach and detergent would remain in the dispenser. I removed the dispenser and cleaned out all the holes. Water drains through like it should now but I the problem is the water is not getting to the compartments. There is a washer inlet flow meter that feeds water from the inlet to the dispenser. Is this a pump? I wondering if I should replace it to increase the water flow. Please see my video attached to get a better idea.
Washer Video

I removed both inlet hoses and cleaned out the debris. Water should be getting in fine.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-01-20, 02:00 PM
B
Received 182 Votes on 162 Posts
Do the instructions say the machine adds water to the dispenser and not the operator. Since the operator is going to pour something into the dispenser anyway, adding the water before the pour can't be that difficult.

Old 04-02-20, 10:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
The way your dispenser works is water enters the top and all fluid in cup than is siphoned out. Your washer has a separate valve that works the dispenser. Sounds like you need a water fill valve. Pretty pricey as I found it 89.00 and 90.00. Here is the part #

WPW10156253

One more thing to check is the inlet screens. Take hose off and screen is inside valve. Pull it out and clean do not leave it out.

Old 04-02-20, 10:37 AM
J
I actually just add the soap directly before i run it. But as it should dispense it automatically I want it to. Especially for the bleach.
I added bleach to the dispenser and it never got distributed on my whites. Then when i put darks in i opened the dispenser and saw the bleach was still there. Then suddenly it dumped the bleach into the tub and ruined a load of clothes.

Something has to be causing the water pressure to be low there. The home pressure is fine. Valves are clean. They will be my last resort in replacing unless someone has the answer to this.

Old 04-02-20, 10:41 AM
J
The way your dispenser works is water enters the top and all fluid in cup than is siphoned out. Your washer has a separate valve that works the dispenser. Sounds like you need a water fill valve. Pretty pricey as I found it 89.00 and 90.00. Here is the part #

WPW10156253

. Thanks. I was thinking i might just try that. Itís 10 years old and has been good to me. $90 is worth the try.

Old 04-03-20, 05:41 AM
B
Received 182 Votes on 162 Posts
In my opinion the machine dispenser is a poor design and not worth the money to correct as it may not only be the valve that is faulty. It could also be the timer or power relay. Since you must manually add soap and bleach to the machine's dispenser to start with, just add them to the tub when the wash cycle starts. I would add water to the bleach to prevent burns due to full strength bleach possibly contacting the clothes before diluting.

Old 04-06-20, 11:31 AM
J
Fixed! I took a chance and replaced the Inlet valve as mentioned above. Water comes in better than my bathroom show now.
Here it is repaired!
Thanks again.

Old 04-07-20, 03:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Repaired washers and never looked in there to see water flow. Good job. I learned something today.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: