Thermo Switch on Whirlpool Duet Dryer

Old 04-04-20, 06:00 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thermo Switch on Whirlpool Duet Dryer

I have a whirlpool duet dryer that will power on but wonít start. I thought it might be the thermal fuse. I tried to check it with a multi meter but itís not showing zero. Anyone know other common elements for this dryer? The link below is a picture of the fuse hooked up to a multi meter. I think it reads good but Iím not sure. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7015rc5jz0...51.14.jpg?dl=0

Old 04-04-20, 08:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Did you calibrate your meter before you connected meter? That .6 reading should be ok. Have you checked the door switch. Other things that could be bad is broken belt( reach in dryer and turn drum. should turn with resistance. Turn freely broken belt.) Control board, user interface. Your dryer has a history of buttons not working.

Old 04-05-20, 03:52 AM
B
I always like to post closure on my repairs so others can find. The edge of the pulley that holds the belt and turns the drum sheered off. I wish there was a way to post pictures on this site, but hereís a link instead.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/czcg3zgc12....26-1.jpg?dl=0

Old 04-05-20, 09:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
hat's a new for me. been doing this many years.

Old 04-06-20, 02:13 PM
B
I hugely appreciate you having me to look at the belt. Seeing the belt hang freely without being broken is what led me to look for alternative issues.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: