Whirlpool Dishwasher DU810SWKQ0 stops mid-cycle

Old 04-15-20, 03:35 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Whirlpool Dishwasher DU810SWKQ0 stops mid-cycle

My dishwasher stops/quits mid cycle during the washing period. The timer dial (it doesn't have buttons) continues to run after it stops and slowly turns as if it was still running but nothing is happening. I've opened the door to inspect inside. Water remains in the bottom of the dishwasher which will not drain. I've pushed the float device up and down but it doesn't seem to do anything. I thought it may have been clogged so I sucked out the water with a dry/vac, vacuumed underneath the screen protector but it wasn't really that clogged and not too much debris as far as I could tell. I put the screen back. I don't have an air gap but the hose is properly looped high. I also checked for clogs near where the water drains into the garbage disposal. No visible clogs. Here's where it gets weird.

I started the dishwasher on Light Wash and it started filling with water and even started washing. After a little while, the water was draining into the garbage disposal and sink. I thought I was out of the clear until it stopped again mid-cycle during the wash cycle. I opened the door and water was in again remaining in the bottom. The timer looked like it was still working. I pushed the floater thing up and down like before. I closed the door and turned the knob to light wash again. It filled with water for a little while, washed for a little, and then drained. I stopped it by opening the door thinking what else I could do so I'm writing here. I was thinking it could be the timer or circuit board. Note: I noticed part of the heating element has a little give to it and there's a pac man shaped piece of metal that makes it go slightly up and down. Could there be a reason it's stopping mid cycle because of heat? I have not unplugged it since I don't know where it plugs in. Thank you in advance. Stay safe.

Old 04-15-20, 03:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,954 Votes on 2,665 Posts
An oldie. It's probably hard wired directly to the right front corner.
That's strictly timer controlled. I'm not sure it even monitors the heating element.
The float switch is only used during fill. It keeps the tub from overfilling.

I'm looking for a manual or tech sheet for that unit.
First thought..... bad timer.

Sears Parts Direct

Old 04-16-20, 02:37 AM
M
Received 235 Votes on 213 Posts
Here is a manual
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzI...NJTUdVems/view

Also think the timer is the culprit.

Old 04-16-20, 10:33 AM
S
Thank you both for your replies. It helps greatly. If I do end up deciding to replace the timer, I'll show pics and results in this forum. Thanks again.

Old 04-16-20, 10:47 AM
Group Moderator
Hmmmm.... I had that manual but my file search didn't link it. It's not 100% identical but is close enough.

There is a timer and a switch for heated dry. So that pretty much points to a timer problem.
They aren't terribly intricate. If you're handy you can open it and work on the contacts.

Since it doesn't wash or drain..... that leaves switch contact 3 and the relay.
Power comes in on switch 3/blue wire to relay. Comes out of relay on violet to switches 1 and 2.
I'd expect to see the contact for switch 3 to be arced.

Name:  dw.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  17.9 KB

Old 04-17-20, 07:38 AM
S
Thanks so much for your help. I can get one on eBay for 20 bucks if I can't get it to work. I'll update this later. Thx again.

Old 04-28-20, 02:24 PM
S
Hey PJ, I replaced the timer on my dishwasher which does work but am getting the same problem. The dishwasher quits midcycle (right before the rinse cycle) and leaves water on the bottom without draining. The timer keeps moving but nothing happens. I can hear the heating element fizzing the water a little from the water barely hitting the element. Other than that, nothing happens. If I try and do a quick cycle on rinse or anything, it doesn't do anything.

If I wait an hour, I can get it to do a wash cycle or rinse cycle depending on where I put the dial. I was thinking it could be the thermal fuse quitting the cycle because it gets too hot inside? the timer keeps ticking after it stops so if the fuse would shut the timer off, it's not that then.

If you have any other thoughts, I'd appreciate it. If it's the circuit board, I'm sure it's not worth fixing. thanks in advance.

Last edited by SpiritRock; 04-28-20 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-28-20, 03:10 PM
Group Moderator
I didn't see this unit has a wash pump and a drain pump.
You will need to check for 120v on the drain pump when the unit should be draining.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: