fridge door wiring connection problem

Old 05-03-20, 01:30 PM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
fridge door wiring connection problem

I was removing the fridge doors on a Samsung fridge and damaged a wiring harness connection between the door and the plastic trim that goes on top of the fridge. I thought the wires could be simply spliced back together but now I notice they have different colors of wires.

The cable coming out of the fridge has 7 wires:
GREY
PINK
BROWN
RED
ORANGE
YELLOW
PURPLE

The cable going to the plastic piece of trim has 7 wires:
GREY
PINK
BROWN
RED
ORANGE
YELLOW
BLACK

The only two colors that don’t match are the black and purple. When I splice all of the wires together I match up the colors and I connect the purple wire to the black wire. When I do this the “door ajar” alarm sounds even though the doors are closed. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks

Attached Images   
Old 05-03-20, 03:47 PM
B
Received 181 Votes on 161 Posts
I would think the door open/closed sensor is on the refrig and not the door so somewhat confused. Have you looked around and under the refrig for a wiring or schematic that contains wire colors?

Old 05-03-20, 08:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,954 Votes on 2,665 Posts
I'm a little confused..... you have two different cables there. Wasn't there a plug set there ?
The factory wouldn't usually have an inline splice for two different cables.

If you look carefully behind the front kick panel...... or in the back by the compressor area.... for a tech sheet. It's a little service manual with wiring diagram. It may be folded up in a plastic bag.

Post the model number for the fridge.

Old 05-04-20, 05:34 PM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
There is a wiring diagram on the back of the fridge. I took a picture of it , but I can't seem to find the wires I'm looking for on it. When I try to post it in this thread I get a message that my quota was exceeded by x number of kilobytes. If I make the image smaller it's impossible to see!

The fridge is a Samsung. Model #RF23HCEDBSR

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: