GE fridge - fan speed is throbbing

Old 05-13-20, 07:39 AM
P
Received 14 Votes on 13 Posts
GE fridge - fan speed is throbbing

GE french door bottom freezer : GNE29GSHSS

Fan noise has changed. Not a constant noise but when it happens, it goes on for a few hours. A fan noise where you hear the fan speed rising and falling constantly even though the fridge is closed. I was the first one awake this morning and no one had opened the fridge for at least 5 hours. The fan noise was constantly rising and falling. I would expect it to reach a speed, stabilize for a while and then change. Instead, the fan speed rises and without any plateau. Did this for a while last week and then stopped.

Do I worry about an imminent failure? Any suggestions on resolving this?

When the fridge was installed and we had a problem, a tech connected a computer to a port on the top of the fridge and was able to talk to the control panel. To help me locate the problem, is that something available to consumers or only techs?

- Peter

Old 05-13-20, 08:47 AM
M
Received 235 Votes on 213 Posts
Below is a manual at least the closest I can find.
I do not know the differences of a GNE29 to a GFE 29 but hopefully it is a close match.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzI...M3Wm1QalU/view

First you have to figure out what fan is the problem.
There looks to be 4 of them condenser/compressor, freezer, fresh food and ice box.

With luck the diagnostics will work and should help diagnosis.

PS: This is one complicated beast!!!!

Old 05-13-20, 09:55 AM
P
That's a great manual but not my fridge. There is no Ice/water in the door so the user interface is different. Would love to see how to do it for my model.

Old 05-14-20, 11:03 AM
P
I see that I can purchase a wifi device to connect to the fridge that allows me to use an App from GE to control the fridge. It is called GE ConnectPlus or GE U+ Connect. Does anyone know if it will let me run diagnostics?

- Peter

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: