lg WM2010CW front loader washing machine not spinning.

Old 10-03-20, 08:43 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
lg WM2010CW front loader washing machine not spinning.

having issues with my washing machine. ran a load, probably too big, and noticed it wasn't agitating correctly. it started making a sort of grinding or clicking noise, and the drum would jerk back and forth, but it didn't do full revolutions. i drained the drum and split the load, and it still did the jerking clicking no revolution thing. i'm pretty sure it spun up correctly when it first started and only became an issue when everything was soaking wet. i never saw an error code.

so i did a quick look up, first obvious problem i saw was the possibility of a stripped rotor assembly hub. popped off the back panel and spent about 20 minutes getting the assembly off, and i'm not sure if this is the issue.

it looks a bit worn i guess. there's some discoloration of the plastic hub "teeth", and they're rounded, but the gear shaft on the drum has rounded teeth too so i sort of figured its supposed to look like that.

further looking up suggests it could be the sensor assembly, which apparently tells the machine where the rotor is in relation to the stator. thing is i dont think they go bad unless something catastrophic happens, like water damage, and the back of the machine looks absolutely fine.

is there some way to test the sensor? does the rotor assembly gear look worn? could it possibly be something else.

edit: i've pulled the sensor (i think its called the hall sensor normally) off the stator and tested with a multimeter, after watching a couple videos of testing i gave it a try and read infinite resistance across two of the prongs that should have resistance somewhere between 5-15Kohm. i'm guessing that means this is likely the problem? not sure why it didn't spit out an error code though.

Last edited by axel4340; 10-03-20 at 09:47 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-20, 02:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
That looks like a problem but not the cause. Open door and turn drum by hand if it feels rough or is sloppy in tub you have a bad rear bearing. Has it been making a roaring noise in spin. Try lifting basket in tub, there should not be anything more then a1/8 inch or less movement there. Pretty common problem with front loader washers.

Old 10-03-20, 03:42 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
not getting anything like that. drum spins smooth and there's not a lot of play in it. and the last time i ran a wash i didn't notice anything off about the spin cycle sound. nothing i'd call roaring at least.

Old 10-04-20, 05:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 74 Votes on 67 Posts
Sorry missed the part about hall sensor. There is a way to test but I retired several years ago and can't remember how. trying to think of how but just pieces coming up. I do remember replacing one or 2.

axel4340 voted this post useful.
Old 10-04-20, 08:18 AM
M
Received 157 Votes on 144 Posts
The following may be useful to you.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzI...k3SDMwSmc/view

axel4340 voted this post useful.