Frigidaire Gallery ice maker not working

Old 12-05-20, 05:02 PM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Frigidaire Gallery ice maker not working

Hey All, I have a Frigidaire Gallery model FG4H2272UF French door refrigerator with ice maker. This is in a house I just bought. The fridge is pretty new, like a year old Afaik.

I dumped all the ice out and it was all froze together as if the PO didnt use any ice. Thinking the system was froze up I removed the ice maker itself. The mold did have ice in it. I could not get to the coil behind the housing. Removed all visible hardware but the plastic housing/cover wouldn't budge.

There are several YT videos that get me close but all are different - mostly the display. I think it may be iced up. I decided to put it back together and when i plugged the connectors back in the fan came on.

I waited awhile and then got to the ice cube mold after awhile to see if it had any water in it. It did not.

Could anybody help me out? I know there are some diagnostic tests i can do but dont know which buttons to press. I ran the hair dryer on it for a few minutes in the very back where i saw a lot of ice build up. but didnt want to go much farther. The hair dryer did little to melt the ice.

Old 12-05-20, 08:43 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,336 Votes on 1,234 Posts
I could not get to the coil behind the housing. Removed all visible hardware but the plastic housing/cover wouldn't budge.
Are you talking about the evaporator coil ?

If your ice maker had ice in it you need to check for 120v to the ice maker.
Does your fridge have the light beam across the ice bucket ?
If yes..... does the LED indicate bin not full.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: