Electric Stove control switch burnt and wire housing, need help

Old 11-22-21, 11:34 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Electric Stove control switch burnt and wire housing, need help

So looking to replace my stove's control switch as a couple days ago i turned on the burner, had a massive spark in the back and havent turned on that specific burner since for safety. Problem is the housing for the wire that plugs into the control switch also seems to be burnt, i dont know the technical name for it so wondering if its something i can replace as well and how to go about doing that. Ive attached two photos to give an idea of what im talking about.

Old 11-22-21, 04:08 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,708 Upvotes on 1,525 Posts
If you post the make and complete model number for your stove we can probably provide the part number for the piece you need.

If you don't get a replacement connector like in your picture standard electrical spade connectors can be used. You would need the female part of the connector which can be crimped onto the end of the wires. The insulated type are a good idea.

Old 11-22-21, 04:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,338 Upvotes on 2,997 Posts
Good info from Dane.

I just use crimp-on terminals automatically. You can get replacement plugs but they still need to be spliced to the wiring so it's just as easy to put the 1/4" insulated female slide-on lugs right on the wires.

I would highly recommend using name brand crimps 3M, Supco, AMP, TE.
You need a crimp terminal that will remain tight under high load and heat.

Old 11-22-21, 07:39 PM
B
Received 21 Upvotes on 19 Posts
Heavy current + loose connection equals high heat. The other connections should be difficult to pull off, or they also may be loosening.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: