Damaged electric stove top

Old 12-17-21, 03:41 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UAE
Posts: 86
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Damaged electric stove top

The oven has 4 burners on the stove part. The largest one stopped working. It is GE and GE has closed down in this country. So I cannot get it repaired.

It is not an induction type. It is just a ceramic top with normal IR heating method.

I would like to know if there is a product on the market that can be placed between a small burner and a large pot and that can distribute the heat evenly?

If not then can someone recommend a good quality IR counter top stove.
Old 12-17-21, 10:48 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 63,170
Received 3,633 Upvotes on 3,255 Posts
The bulk of our membership is located in North America. The appliances we have and can get here are different then the models you can get in the UAE. So that would make it hard for us to recommend something usable at your location based on what we have here.

You may be able to get a replacement element thru amazon if you know the part number.

Not sure about a spacer between the cooktop and the cookware.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: