Miele G1230SC - Noise during washing cycle

Old 01-23-23, 03:37 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Miele G1230SC - Noise during washing cycle

Hi All,

Last week, I replaced a broken seal of the circulation pump, to be specific this one.
I also replaced the following seals circled in red:

I have re-assembled everything, and the dishwasher has worked perfectly for three days.
On day four, it started to be very noisy during the washing cycle, no errors, and the dishes are clean.
I have recorded a video last night, the program was 'EnergySave' and it started with 2'40" remaining time.
After 1'15", there was the first water drainage, which is the beginning of my video.
In the video, at minute 1'25" you will hear a strange noise during the water intake.
Once the water intake has been completed, the washing is resumed, but it is very noisy.

This is the video I have recorded.

That noise you hear during the water intake, it only happens once during the entire washing cycle, and it does it in any program I choose.
Since the whole thing started after only 3 days I replaced the circulation pump seal, I am thinking and re-thinking if I re-assembled something wrong, but really, there is not much margin of error here, because all the seals I have replaced have only one position, so really I do not know what to think.

I hope some of you recognizes where possibly that noise can come from.

Thank you!
Alex

Last edited by Metallo; 01-23-23 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-23-23, 07:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,332 Upvotes on 2,991 Posts
Not a machine I'm familiar with but that is the sound of the wash pump turning on with no water. It sounds like the pump is binding from a dry seal or almost sounds like a problem with the macerater or grinder disc. It sounds almost normal when it restart at 2:00.

It sounds just like a saw that is binding in damp/wet wood.

I watched the rebuilding video. A fairly complicated pump.
It would have been a little more helpful to me in English but fascinating anyway.
I could envision that motor seal assembly making that noise.

Old 01-24-23, 07:27 PM
M
Hi PJmax,

Thank you for you feedback.

My pump is a bit simpler than the one shown in the video, but the seal is identical.
The technician in the video, added some silicone oil when re-assembling, I did not.
I do not think that is the root cause of the problem, the silicone is just to protect the seal rubber as it is supposed to last longer with that silicone.

There is enough water intake, nothing has changed, in fact, any washing cycle works fine, no errors, no leaks.

I can only disassemble the pump/engine again, but honestly, I do not expect to find anything wrong, it is hard when you have no error codes or mechanical idea where the noise comes from.
I will try to identify where exactly the noise generates, but yes, it sounds to be the pump.

If you look at the images below, after 16 years everything looks new. What a machine is that!

BTW, I do not speak German either, but the video was very helpful!

Thank you,
Alex

Old 01-28-23, 09:28 AM
M
Hi,

I opened the pump, and I found the cause of the problem.
The cap below needs to be on top of the other plastic cap, and I need to fix it using some glue, but I am not sure which one to use.
I am thinking of two possibilities:
  1. Epoxy
  2. Loctite
But I am not sure if they will resist long-term to temperature, detergent and water.
For instance, what do you think of this one:

Any advice is very welcome!

Thank you,
Alex
NB: Maybe you can see the images more clear here:

https://tinypic.host/images/2023/01/...128_114547.jpg
https://tinypic.host/images/2023/01/...128_114602.jpg

Last edited by Metallo; 01-28-23 at 10:55 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: