LG refrigerator error code 22

Old 02-03-23, 07:49 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
LG refrigerator error code 22

Hi all and thanks in advance for any advice.
My LG refrigerator (model LFCS31626S/01) stopped cooling. Observations I've made:
- compressor appears to be active (it's vibrating and making the normal running compressor sound).
- putting the fridge in test mode causes the evaporator fans to kick in, and they appear to be working well.
- condenser fan is working.
- condenser coils are clean.
Toggling through the test modes shows error code 22. The LG website says that this code indicates a problem with the compressor relay. I replaced the relay (LG part #EBG60663230 Thermistor Assembly), but doing so did not resolve the issue. Still not cooling, still showing error code 22.
Curious to hear any ideas from you guys about what else might be causing the issue. I suppose it's worth noting that the fridge is in the garage, but this is the fourth winter that it's spent in the garage and we've never had any issue until now.
Thanks again for any advice!

Old 02-03-23, 02:42 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
The fault 22 can be one of several issues.
If the compressor is actually running.... then there is not a start relay problem.
Is the compressor getting very warm almost hot ?
Feel the connecting copper lines..... one should be ice cold and the other hot.
Yes..... or no ?
The condenser fan underneath should be blowing warm air.
A control board issue not recognizing the compressor running can also set a 22 fault.

Old 02-03-23, 03:51 PM
M
Received 294 Upvotes on 264 Posts
I do not have any tech info on this unit but looking at the parts it is a dual evaporator unit.
Also it has a valve in the gas lines so I feel that it switches between the fresh food and freezer evaporators.

So is one of the evaporators actually cold?
Note that it's evaporator fan should be running.

If the compressor and it's fan is running then one of the evaporators should be getting cold.
If not then either the compressor is toast or there is a problem in the sealed system,

Old 02-03-23, 04:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Yes.... dual evaporators.
Here's a link posted for a short while.......... LG service manual - pdf

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: