E15 error causes

Old 07-19-23, 10:13 AM
E
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
E15 error causes

Hi
I have a Bosch SHP7PT55UC/07 dishwasher that has been throwing E15 error codes. I understand the error (water in bottom of dishwasher cabinet causing float to rise and enable sensor to shut down the machine and prevent flooding). However, there have been a few peculiarities with this error.

First, the error seems to be occurring every 4-6 weeks which might mean it is taking quite a while for whatever leak there is to actually accumulate to the point of having enough water there to trip the switch. However, taking that long to fill the area up enough to do that raises a question as to how doesn't such a small leak evaporate instead of accumulate?

Second, a cause may be a part that is only leaking every 4-6 weeks but is that even possible?

Third, the water I'm cleaning up to clear the error is dirty suggesting it is a draining leak. I replaced the drain pump a while back so I removed it and reinstalled it in case I made a mistake with it. It is dry when I looked at it and no water underneath it. The water inlet housing which has drainage incorporated in it doesn't have any visible leaks. I also checked the water softener and around the sump seal for leakage and found none.

The last time I fixed the error I attached the drain hose to a shop vac and sucked that clean then I did the same, in reverse for the connecting pipe leading to the sewer pipe. That gave me the most length of no E15 error period, but it is back.

Sorry for going on so long and I appreciate your reading and thoughts on this issue. Thanks

Old 07-20-23, 06:49 AM
E
FOUND IT!! The leak and source of the issue is a leak from the "diverter assembly", or the other name I have seen it called, the "water switch housing". The part number is 00751950.

Now I just have to figure out how to replace it. Doesn't look that accessible . Anyone have any advise/thoughts?

Old 07-20-23, 04:39 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,154 Upvotes on 3,730 Posts
It's accessible but not easy to replace.
This video may help you with that project.

edee_em voted this post useful.
Old 07-27-23, 07:56 AM
E
Well it wasn't easy but it was doable. Had to take the base off to get at the part and then it was attached to the pump motor, only with a hose clamp, mind you, but you had to move the pump motor around to ease removal. More was involved when replacing the water diverter because you had to manipulate the pump motor at the same time.

Thanks for the video reference PJmax! I did see more than a few videos of this repair but they were on machines that didn't have the water softener option. Because I have the water softener, I had to remove the water/drainage matrix completely for the base to come off. That was not a big deal although lining it up so the nuts and such fit back in to replace it required a bit of finesse. Again, not a big deal but something that you have to watch out for.

Anyway, it's done. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: