Kenmore Washer (Model C110)

Old 03-30-02, 03:52 PM
SoreThumbs
Visiting Guest
Kenmore Washer (Model C110)

After years of faithful service , my washer no longer spins. It agitates, it drains, but no spin. I can hear the motor humming, but thats it.

As far as I can tell all the wires are properly connected, unfortunately I have no multimeter to test them with.

Old 03-30-02, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Have you tested the lid switch and actuator? Lid switch are sorta bad about going out=no spin. You might get to the switch (with power off), pull the wires off of it and connect them together , by-passing the switch, tape them to prevent shorting against the cabinet, replace the power , let it fill, then try the spin cycle.

Old 03-30-02, 07:58 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

Hi all,

C110.######### model...Canadain, eh

110. is a Whirlpool/Inglis built Kenmore...any idea is a belt or direct drive style?

Belted....
http://www.applianceaid.com/beltwasher.html

Direct drive....
http://www.applianceaid.com/direct.html

jeff.

Old 03-31-02, 07:45 AM
poopy
Visiting Guest
I'm a sears Tech

two screws on the 110 washer console one on each side,take them out,two clips hold the cabinet together tke out with slotted screwdriver.in and pull up.unplug lid switch by the pressure hose(wires there )pull cabinet toward you.Becarefull putting back on there are lttle tabs on the base they have to be in.Test machine after doing any work.(fill on small water level).110 has a coupler
c110 has the belt.

Old 03-31-02, 07:46 AM
poopy
Visiting Guest
Bad wig wag wire

Can cause it not to spin also

Old 03-31-02, 08:17 AM
c110 has the belt.

never noticed that.

the c, I mean.

Old 03-31-02, 08:58 AM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool

Originally posted by boman
c110 has the belt.

Howdy,

The "C" just means Canadaian model...it can be direct drive and/or belt drive...we built the belted 110. washer for several years longer than the US did.

jeff.

Old 03-31-02, 03:25 PM
SoreThumbs
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

And the winner is ... Poppy!! Thanks, Poppy. I took apart the console as directed, hard-wired the switch as suggested (by Bowman), and voila! Spin!

Now, does anyone know where I can get a new switch? I'll leave it hard-wired for now, but it's not a good thing to leave for too long. My kid sticks their hand in there when it's going and .... Well, you get the idea.

For reference: it is a belt-drive model, and the wig-wag was working (or it least it works for the agitate cycle).

Old 03-31-02, 05:03 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by SoreThumbs

Now, does anyone know where I can get a new switch?
Howdy,

Calgary Canada...Reliable has a branch in Calgary...

6120 2nd Street S.E.
http://www.reliableparts.com

jeff.

Old 04-01-02, 06:03 AM
SoreThumbs
Visiting Guest
Thanks everyone for your help. Considering this happened on the Easter weekend, I really wasn't expecting any help until later this week.

What do you guys do with all your free time? Lurk? God I hope not, that would be just too depressing. Go out and get a beer this weekend.

Old 04-01-02, 02:30 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Question

Originally posted by SoreThumbs
What do you guys do with all your free time?
Free time????

What's that????

Hee Hee

Old 09-11-07, 05:29 PM
Question Just got a C110 need help

Hi there I just got a C110 from a friend and it I need to find the proper part to make it fit my tap and as well I will probably need to replace the hose can anyone let me know

BC - Canada

Thanx a bunch

Old 01-13-08, 01:12 PM
A
Unhappy help! same symptom, different problem...

Hi all. this forum is quite the resource.

Much like "SORE THUMBS" I've got the C110 belt drive, and after many years of faithful service, it does all but spin. Checked the lid switch as per the instructions in this thread, and the switch works. In fact it will spin without clothes in it. When spinning, if I grab the agitator (I know, not recommended) it allows me to stop it with minimal resistance. All the actuators/solenoids appear to be working.

I am thinking.....clutch???http://forum.doityourself.com/images/icons/icon9.gif
Unhappy

Any help is appreciated

Jim

Old 11-08-08, 01:23 PM
J
c110 not agitating

I just got one of the c110 roll-to-the-sink washing machines (used, from a garage sale) and for the first few loads it worked great, but now the agitator doesn't agitate, which has me agitated......everything else works fine.......any suggestions???

Old 12-05-08, 10:40 AM
L
C110 agitator

for the C110 series , belt activated , you have to verify under the machine , you will a clutch and a piece of rubber with 6 holes on it, the motor side as the same piece in nylon with 3 fingers, wich gets into the piece of rubber, im pretty shure that your are broken,

these piece cost about 10.00$ each and will last for another 5 years

cheers

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: