GE Potscrubber 900 Dishwasher

Old 03-31-02, 02:42 PM
gfletch49
Visiting Guest
GE Potscrubber 900 Dishwasher

I have a GE Potscrubber 900 Dishwasher w/ Temperature Sensor. Model number GSD900D-03. Today the detergent cup lid would not close. We have tried to run it through a cycle or two to see if it is just a one time error but no such luck. I haven't taken it apart yet to check the latch or whatever it is that keeps the lid closed. I don't know the age of the dishwasher because it was in the house when we bought it. Two questions. What is the most likely cause? Is it worth fixing or should I just buy a new one? Other than this it works just fine. Thanks.

Gary

Old 03-31-02, 02:53 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Cool Re: GE Potscrubber 900 Dishwasher

Originally posted by gfletch49

Today the detergent cup lid would not close. What is the most likely cause?

Is it worth fixing or should I just buy a new one? Other than this it works just fine.
Hi,

A common trouble maker is linked below for you...

http://www.applianceaid.com/soap-door.html#ge_closed

If this is your problem...should be worth fixing

If the rest of the d/w is ok and works...I'd keep it going rather than replacing it

jeff.

Old 03-31-02, 05:50 PM
gfletch49
Visiting Guest
Thanks Jeff. The little plastic spindle holding the spring was broken. Inserted screw as suggested and works like a champ.

Old 03-31-02, 06:12 PM
jeff1
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

That's what we like to hear.....another happy appliance

jeff.

Old 02-22-07, 12:03 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Same machine different problem

Originally Posted by gfletch49 View Post
I have a GE Potscrubber 900 Dishwasher w/ Temperature Sensor. Model number GSD900D-03. Today the detergent cup lid would not close. We have tried to run it through a cycle or two to see if it is just a one time error but no such luck. I haven't taken it apart yet to check the latch or whatever it is that keeps the lid closed. I don't know the age of the dishwasher because it was in the house when we bought it. Two questions. What is the most likely cause? Is it worth fixing or should I just buy a new one? Other than this it works just fine. Thanks.

Gary
Same unit as above but my trouble is the door spring. A very loud snap and the door fell open. I then tripped over the spring set that exited the front from I know not where. The cable looked rusty at the break. How do I find parts and how in the world do I replace that set? Is there a schematic I could follow etc. Thanks in advance. Copperbuff

Old 10-16-07, 12:31 AM
M
ge dishwasher soap dispenser

Hi,
I had a GE potscrubber that the soap dispenser stopped opening all the way (only about a half inch open) and slowly stopped shutting. I opened up the inner panel on the door, there are no booby traps or electrical wires to pull out, very simple. There is heat/sound shielding that is glued to the panel, the glue slowly slips over the years and the heat shield interferes with the soap dispenser, peel it off and re-stick it, or silicone it back higher up and your soap dispenser should work like new again.
Murtheblur

Old 10-27-07, 05:32 PM
B
GE Potscrubber 900 Dishwasher Detergent lid not closing

Hello there,

I have the same problem. I tried different dial options but the detergent lid won't latch.

Were you able to find any solution to this problem?

cheers,
BG.

Old 10-27-07, 05:51 PM
D
Hello: daddyjohn

Your assistance in helping other members is very much appreciated. However, there is no need to constantly and repeatedly use the quote button to restate what was said in the replies you make.

Kindly use the Post Reply button. Would be very much appreciated.

Forum Monitor.

Try the link below and some of the posts in this thread. You might also find that the lever or the lever spring have broken. You'll just need to acess the door innards and see what's broken.

Last edited by Forum Monitor; 10-28-07 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Removed Quote
Old 08-23-08, 12:39 PM
G
Another happy appliance

Thanks for the link. Mine was broken too and works great with the screw. Your advice saved me a lot of work and a pot of money.
Thanks again.
Greg

Originally Posted by jeff1 View Post
Hi,

A common trouble maker is linked below for you...

http://www.applianceaid.com/soap-door.html#ge_closed

If this is your problem...should be worth fixing

If the rest of the d/w is ok and works...I'd keep it going rather than replacing it

jeff.

Old 08-24-08, 07:32 AM
C
for the database :

i have a potscruber 850. bought new (new construction) in 96.
so a 900 would be a bit newer, i would think.

Old 10-12-08, 04:42 PM
R
Question postscrubber 900

how do I get the cover off of the timer. I found the spring

Old 09-13-11, 09:01 PM
J
Spring had come loose

First, be sure to unplug the dishwasher before removing the timer cover.

Mine had just one screw holding the cover on.

Study the photo carefully. The little plastic stud holding the end of the spring had broken. I used a very small drill bit to drill a pilot hole, then inserted a sheet metal screw as shown.

Once the spring is back in place, it pulls the plastic cam up which in turn holds the detergent dispenser closed.

Great info, and much appreciated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: