Oster Toaster

Old 04-29-04, 08:23 PM
Cal Brock
Visiting Guest
Oster Toaster

My Oster "Toast Logic" Toaster abruptly quit working after I'd had it less than eighteen months. One day it was working, the next day I pushed the handle down, and no heat! I can't see a model number on it anywhere; only the name, and a "Service Number": 3803.

I wanted to take a look inside to see if the fault was anything obvious and fixable, then I ran into the next problem: I couldn't even get to Square One. I couldn't see how to get the bottom off!

I didn't see any screws on it anywhere. I looked around for plastic pieces that might "snap" in and out, but couldn't get it apart. There are four tiny holes in the bottom, two at each end, but I couldn't detect a screw down inside any of them. I don't know why they're there, but they're so narrow that a small "electrical" size Phillips or blade screwdriver is too tight to go down very far. Am I missing something? Or is the whole appliance "sealed for life"?

If anyone knows how to take an Oster Toast Logic toaster apart I'll be grateful. Thanks!

Old 05-02-04, 07:02 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Hello: Cal. Welcome to the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

Unfortunately, like many of todays consumer massed produced small products, they are not really meant to be "fixed." Ideally, not meant to be fixed that is. May be able to be fixed but not meant to be. Big difference.

You might find some help by visiting the manufacturers web site but not expected to find any help. May inquire at a local generic fix it type shop in your area and a some vacuum repair shops which also fixes small appliances. These types of small businesses are list in the phone books.

For the most parts and in all too many cases, the costs for labor will exceed the cuurent value of the toaster itself. Just the way products are built these days. Basically, disposable consumer products designed to be used until a problem developes than tossed.

Or donated to a good will store.....

Check back on your question several more times. Other members posting replies in this forum topic may offer you additional advice, ideas, suggestions, test and or repair methods.

Use the reply button to add additional information or questions. Using this method moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck.
Sharp Advice. TCB4U2B2B Business Management Services. Web Site Host, Forums Monitor & Multiple Topics Moderator. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.

Personal Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

PS:
Personally have a toaster brand which has no release. Once the toaster begins to operate, no means to stop the process nor mention in the owners manual, how to stop the toasting process mid cycle! Imagine that? True.

Learned only from trial, lowering the selected temp may or may not stop the process. No positive method and no release level. All else fails, pulling out the electric plug.....does work every time.... Live & Learn!

Old 09-05-07, 04:51 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Oster toaster 3803

I have the same toaster had same problem.
You can remove the cover by inserting two small screwdrivers ( both at the same time ) in the two slots on the bottom of the toaster the end under the handle.
There is one slot on the bottom on the other end.
You,ll have to pry around quite a bit to get the cover to release.
Bring the cover halfway up and then remove the handle ( the thing you push down to start the toaster)

The handle just slides in and out no fasteners.

In my case, the rod under the "stop" button was too long That kept the small switch open No adjustment, so I filed off a little of the plastic rod and its been working for a month.

Too late for Cal but maybe it wll help someone else.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: