Disposal Problem

Old 03-09-05, 07:27 AM
B
bulldog88
Visiting Guest
Disposal Problem

Not sure if this belongs here - but here goes: Our garbage disposal is not working and i've tried virtually everything. The switch activates but the rotor doesn't turn - you can hear the humm but the blades don't turn. Here's the deal: A few weeks ago a small shot glass fell into the disposal and my wife accidentally turned it on. Of course the glass broke and we did our best to vacuum it out, use tongs, etc...it worked fine. Just recently it stopped turning. I've gone underneath the disposal and tried to manually turn the rotor with an allen wrench - it won't budge. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-05, 07:35 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It's obvious that something is tied up. You may have to try removing the unit and get it into a position easier to work in. It may have bent the shaft but if it worked after the incident then thats not likely. Could try putting something on the allen wrench to give you more leverage and wiggle it back and forth to try to dislodge anything that is caught in it. With what you have now, it can only get better. Good luck.