Mounting/Installing Range Microwave Combination

Old 03-10-05, 12:33 PM
shaunbecca
Visiting Guest
Question Mounting/Installing Range Microwave Combination

We need to know how to install/mount the Kenmore Over the Range Microhood Combination microwave. We have no instructions. Please help. Thank you.

Old 03-14-05, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't verify the brand, Kenmore, but I have installed these and I think they are all the same.

The applicance comes with a thin stamped steel template that is mounted to the wall, without the microwave attached. This template, for lack of a good description, vaguely resembles a large baking cookie sheet, but it stamped with mounting holes and small fingers that fit into sloted holes in the rear of the microwave cabinet.

The template is attached to the wall and is strongly recommended to attached to wall studs.
The oven is lifted into place, and rest on the little hook fingers on the template. Usually takes 2 people to lift and align the oven to the template.

Then, if your oven sits below a standard stove wooden cabinet, you fasten the microwave cabinet to the upper kitchen cabinet. This is done by drilling 1 hole in both the left and right side of the kitchen cabinet and screwing a bolt thru this hole into a pre-threaded hole in the microwave cabinet. These bolts are not in the back of the unit, but rather they are located above the microwave door.

The hard part is accurately fitting the template to the wall, such that the microwave cabinet fits snugly to the kitchen cabinet directly above it. Once the template is securely attached to the wall, it is not adjustable. If you error, and leave a 1/4" gap, it will show on the face where the microwave meets the kitchen cabinet and will put undue strain on the kitchen cabinet. Those 2 bolts are primarily to make a tight good looking fit between the two cabinets and provide only minor microwave cabinet support.

Old 04-20-05, 08:53 AM
U
Lugnut,

I'm planning on the same unit. Would you know where the electrical rough out is. I'd rather not drill the upper cabinet, run the cord, and install receptacle in cabinet, I would like to install in back of unit if I can.

Thanks!

Old 04-20-05, 02:19 PM
I hear ya. lol. Same here, but I drill and install an outlet inside the cabinet. I don't have any suggestions to do otherwise.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: