GE hot & cold water dispenser

Old 08-06-05, 02:01 AM
matt49
Visiting Guest
GE hot & cold water dispenser

Hello all

I have this model GXCC01D GE Hot & Cold water dispenser for a year now and the warranty just went last month. Now the Hot water doesn't work, it 's cold water when I want ot make a coffee. How can I repair and where to look at it. Any help and advise would be great, thanks.

Matt.

Old 08-07-05, 12:09 AM
matt49
Visiting Guest
I found the problem the resistive load (KSD201/86) was bad, now somebody can tell me where I can buy online or in store in arizona area?
thanks.

Matt.

Old 12-09-08, 11:54 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
same issue

hello matt. i read your posts. i have the same exact problem.
model number is GXCF05D

please share with me how you handled the problem.

the unit works. lights turn on. cold water works and the hot water spits out cold water.

is there a part that needs to be replaced or what?

please help or call 310-628-2977

Old 12-27-08, 09:51 AM
A
I too have the same problem. I sent an email to GE for help. The reply was that there is no repair option, the solution is to replace the unit. Not acceptable.
If anyone else has a different solution, please post it.

Thanks,
Peg

Last edited by acuity; 12-27-08 at 09:51 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old 12-29-08, 08:24 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
So many small appliances such as these are being imported from China, and the importer simply imports the whole unit, but does not stock any individual repair parts.

I know GE sold their small appliance division to Black & Decker several years ago, so I was surprised when I started seeing GE branded small appliances in Wal-Mart a couple of years ago. Upon closer examination of the package, it appears that Wal-Mart has purchased the right to use the GE logo on its own line of "made in China" small appliances, and the General Electric Company has nothing to do with their manufacture or repair.

We are definitely in an era of "throw away" appliances and electronics that are not intended to be repaired.

Old 01-09-12, 01:31 PM
S
Replacement part

The KDS201/86 Disc thermostat 100 degree C normally Closed(open on rise) is available at :
San Mate Electronic Supply (SMElectronics:Wholesale/Retail sales of electronic parts.)
NTE-DTO210 $4.95ea

Old 10-17-13, 10:46 AM
C
Angry GE Hot and cold water dispenser model GXCF05D

Hi all, I was given the GE water dispenser (model GXCF05D ) by a friend. The friend thought the collar needed replacement as the dispenser leaked. I replaced the collar as well as the separater but the minute I place the water wattle on the unit , the water leaks out within 10 minutes (from the unit and not on top where the water bottle is)....Can anyone help with replair suggetions? For some reason I dont want to through it away.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: