Over-The-Range Microwave Installation??

Old 01-31-07, 12:36 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Over-The-Range Microwave Installation??

Hey ...a friend of mine owns a townhouse and is currently renting it to some college students. They want him to install a new over-the-range microwave b/c the current one has stains on the glass door so bad that they cannot see into the microwave. My buddy put it off for awhile but recently found a good deal on a stainless steel Samsung model (the original is GE). He doesn't know how to install it, though, and he asked me if I could help him. I am partially handy and like doing these things so I know how to do them for the future in case I ever need to do it but in this case, I told him I need to find out how to do it first.

My question is how are these things removed and re-installed? I don't see how to pull the original off but I haven't looked real hard either. When we bought our house, I had all new stainless steel appliances installed by the company I bought them from and watched the guy install the backets to hold it in but from that point, I don't know what he did. Anyone know this?

Thanks,
fsufan8

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-07, 10:37 AM
D
If no one else chimes in...

I'm thinking there's a wall plate behind the old one. You should be able to lift it up and off. Of course...before trying and doing so, read below.

One thing you can do is look online for the installation manual on the one your friend is thinking of buying...or did he buy it already? If he bought it already, it should come with the installation manual. There's lots to read that you can get the basic idea on how one is installed, tools you will need and precautions to take. I was able to pull an over-the-range microwave installation instruction from Samsung here:

http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/sea/jsp/faqs/faqs_view.jsp?PG_ID=4&AT_ID=18244&PROD_SUB_ID=55&PROD_ID=-1

Good basic idea is to make sure you have the right size over-the-range microwave oven to install

Old 02-02-07, 09:52 AM
F
thanks! I've asked my friend to check on the dimensions on both units before we start this project to make sure the sizes are close. Yeah, he already bought the Samsung and it did come with a manual so we can look at that, too. Thanks again.

Steve