How 2 Repair Vegetable Steamer

Old 05-16-07, 08:58 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile How 2 Repair Vegetable Steamer

Hi! I have a KRUPS Optisteam Plus, Model #652. I've had it for several years and it's been a fantastic appliance. But the last time I plugged it in, it just wouldn't work. It wouldn't turn on at all.
I'm lost without this steamer and I can't afford to replace it. Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong or suggestions on how I can repair it myself? I've looked in all the Readers Digest's do-it-yourself books and online but I'm unable to find ANYTHING having to do with a steamer, except how to purchase one!
Thank you very much!

Old 07-03-07, 04:03 PM
C
A steamer is basically a light duty deep fryer, from an electrical point of view.

A strong possibility could be a burnt out thermal fuse.

Old 07-04-07, 10:55 AM
Can you please tell me how I can find the thermal fuse? Thank you very much for your help.

Old 07-08-07, 09:34 AM
C
You just have to take it a part to find it. Your DIY appliance repair books will show what they look like. Typically they are a small tube with two leads, one through the end with a sealant, the other directly connected. It may be in an insulating tube. there will be numbers on it, so you know what temperature to get.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: