Hoover SteamVac Widepath V2 not spraying cleaning solution

Old 06-11-07, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hoover SteamVac Widepath V2 not spraying cleaning solution

Hi All,

I am quite certain that my SteamVac, which was working perfectly, is clogged with bad cleaning solution. I have two questions:

First, does anybody know of an online service manual that shows the component parts and how to break it down?

Second, is there a likely "first place to look" for the clog? On my Bissell "Little Green," the clog occurs right at the "pinhole" where cleaning fluid sprays out of the nozzle, but I'm not finding an obvious location on the Hoover, and instead of haphazardly disassembling it (which I know I can do if I absolutely have to) I'm hoping to obtain a "roadmap" on how to proceed and some hints as to where it most likely clogged up.

This'll teach me to leave it full of cleaning solution when I should have flushed it out with clean hot water...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

PS. When it's functioning properly this product works extremely well! I had the "known" leaking problem and Hoover sent me the redesigned tanks and valves at no charge a year or two ago...

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-07, 11:54 AM
Is this your model?

http://www.fixya.com/support/p40473-hoover_f7425_900_steamvac_v2_widepath/manual-4410

Hope that might help ya out some.

BTW: Welcome to the DoItYourself.com forums

Old 06-14-07, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the reply! Yes, that IS my model, but unfortunately the owners manual provides no information on how to disassemble and clear the clogged system.

An online SERVICE manual would be awesome, or even a downloadable .pdf file of one. I'll give it a few more days and see if somebody shows up that has access or knowledge of how to get ahold of this info.

Thanks Again!

Old 06-14-07, 12:57 PM
Oh yeah...you DID say "service" manual. Sorry.

Would this help? It's not the service manual, but just FAQ's (no pics or diagrams though) :

http://www.hooverassist.com/SteamVac/

See Question #3

I'm sure someone else will chime in so keep checking back.