Hoover Vacuum Not Working

Old 06-15-07, 10:47 AM
Hoover Vacuum Not Working

I have a Hoover Upright Windtunnel vacuum model number U5753-900. It stopped running one day and wouldn't turn back on. The manual said to wait 30 minutes in case the thermal protector was activated. I did this and still nothing. I never cleaned the vacuum or emptied the filter out after a year of moderate use and now the warranty has expired. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with replacing this thermal protector as the manual indicates that it sometimes does not "go back" and stays triggered. I haven't been able to find a service manual anywhere, even to buy. I went into the vacuum and am staring at the bare motor assembly but still dont' know where to find this thermal protector.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-07, 01:53 PM
Not sure if this would help, but if you go to

www.sears.com
Parts & Accessories
Type in your model
Select "View Diagram"

...you'll see the parts of your vacuum.

Or instead of selecting "View Diagram" you can choose "View Part List" and it'll show the thermal protector is #72 that you can view on that diagram. It's on the far right, in the middle of the diagram (somewhat).

Sorry...I would've just posted the url that takes you directly to the diagram, but there isn't one.

Hope that might help a little. At least you know what it looks like (sorta).