B & D Bread Maker Query...

Old 10-28-07, 11:18 AM
Unhappy B & D Bread Maker Query...

Hey ya'll,

A quick question from an electrical newbie. I've got a B & D Breadmaker (model B1650) that went dead all of a sudden like. After mucking around for a good long while and finally breaking a couple of small plastic tabs I got the sucker open and had a gander inside. The cause of the deadness appears to be an exploded small blue tab sticking up off the circuit board ( I assume this is a capacitor based on the bit of research I've done).

The Circuit board is labelled CB BD265 02 01

and the bit that blew up was in a location marked ZNR1

so the obvious questions are.

A) Can this little doodad be replaced easily enough (I can solder and whatnot assuming I kind find a replacement).

B) Where does one go if looking for a replacement for this kind of item?

Any and all comments would be appreciated.

GZ

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-07, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
What looks like a capacitor could be a fuseable link.
There is a good possibility that a high load downstream of the blown component caused it to go.
Unless you can find a schematic that shows the exact value and identity of the component it might be a waste of time.

I bought a near new bread maker at a yard sale last spring for $4.00 and this fall bought an updated model of the first one for $8.00.

I see these all the time at sales and I expect it would be less trouble to track down a good used one than to fix yours.

Old 10-28-07, 06:58 PM
Thanks Greg...I suspected that it might be pretty tricky getting the exact replacement part. It occurs to me that what would greatly simplify the matter would be finding a used/junked version of the same machine and simply swapping out the circuit board (provided it wasn't damaged).

I'll keep my eyes open.