Nutone Bath Fan with Heater

Old 01-20-08, 12:20 PM
SBI
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Nutone Bath Fan with Heater

I have a Nutone fan in the bath (model 9417DN) and it is very, very noisy.

It is a double ceiling in the bathroom and looks like a huge hassle to access from the attic to replace the whole unit.
I peeped inside and it looks like I could actually get a new motor and just replace the motor from underneath without disassembling the entire fan housing or touch the bathroom ceiling.

Anyone knows if this is possible? Any experience with that?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-08, 02:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Yes, it is possible. Go to the Nutone.com web site and find the repair parts section for your model.

If you want to sound like a pro, the rough in is the"A" housing and the motor plate with motor etc is the "B" unit.

Old 01-20-08, 05:24 PM
SBI
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
OK, so I thought I was smart.

I went to HD and bought a new fan. My intention was to replace the motor. Turns out the newer model (of the same fan) has a wider blower...the one I have is a metal blower wheel 2" deep, the new one is like 3" or 4" and it doesn't fit in the duct.
In addition they also changed the bracket that holds the motor in the housing. I said "no problem, I'll change the bracket"...easier said than done because the screws that hold the motor to the bracket are wider than the holes in the old bracket.

So, does any one know where can I get motor and blower wheel for the older model?

Thanks.