How to disassemble a Sunbeam 2360 "Mixmaster" mixer?

Old 03-19-12, 06:29 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to disassemble a Sunbeam 2360 "Mixmaster" mixer?

There is some stuff that got into the actual mixer part of my sunbeam mixer which I would like to clean out (allergies and stuff).

I tried taking apart the mixer but I could not figure out how to seperate the part by the speed adjustment dial. I was able to seperate the front where the inlets for the attachments are (there is a hidden screw under the front "sticker") But then I could not figure out the back part. If anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-19-12, 06:56 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,561 Votes on 1,404 Posts
Does this diagram help?

Old 03-19-12, 07:25 AM
I
thanks

unfortunately, I already saw that diagram and while that diagram does give me hope it does not tell me how to get the back part off.

thanks

Old 05-12-12, 11:42 AM
I
Well, the front was more of a mystery than the rear. The rear is pretty easy, as follows:

-The piece that gives you a flat "tab" across the back of the knob pulls off (grab it by the flat bit and pull). Note that it's keyed by the 4 little pins sticking out of it, not the two catches that actually secure it in place -- important when you're trying to figure out how it goes back on.

-After that, remove the little clear-ish plastic (nylon?) bit in the centre that allows the knob to drive the plastic shaft that sticks through it (with a flat on the side.

-There is a 1/2" "speed nut" (made of sheet metal, so be gentle with it!) behind the bit you just removed, holding the knob in place. Remove it with a socket.

-Now the knob just pulls off. As with the front, there are 2 more screws here holding the top and bottom halves of the mixer together.

Old 12-28-13, 05:41 AM
N
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
still cant remove the clear-ish plastic thing in the back

-After that, remove the little clear-ish plastic (nylon?) bit in the centre that allows the knob to drive the plastic shaft that sticks through it (with a flat on the side.
How do i do that. can you please elaborate, indigophox or anyone else who has done it?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: