Convection Oven Question

Old 11-20-12, 04:17 PM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Convection Oven Question

Convection Oven

I want to purchase a countertop convection oven. Will a convection oven brown, toast breads and do pizzas with the same results as a convention countertop toaster oven?

Thanks,
Jerry
11/20/12

Old 11-20-12, 06:27 PM
G
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
According to an article from a leading magazine, they do a superior job of browning and crisping.

Old 11-21-12, 07:27 AM
J
Thanks for the return.

Jerry

Old 11-24-12, 06:23 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Jerry, I bought an Oster double rack toaster oven a while back, and, wow, it does everything. It uses convection heat at almost every setting but broil. You can customize your cooking with a drop down list on the control panel. Cooks two regular sized pizzas at once...whoa. I cooked two pumpkin pies last night in it, at the same time, using convection and they came out perfect.

Old 11-24-12, 07:11 AM
J
Thanks Larry for the reply. I read that Oster had a good rating in Consumer Reports. And, it is offered at Costco at a good price, however, it may be a different model from what you described since it has only one shelf and, therefore, could only do one pizza.

Jerry

Old 11-24-12, 07:30 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
The one I have is a model TSSTTVDFL1, but I doubt you will find it in a retail outlet. I got mine by a fluke. I was at Wally World and was looking at the cheaper ones, B&D, etc. when I saw this one. No price under it. I asked an associate and she looked it up stating it was a model they didn't carry and just "showed up". She asked if I would give $40 for it. I couldn't have been happier if I had bought one of the much higher priced units!

Edit: Jerry go here. It appears it is a Walmart item, only you'll have to pay double what I did. If they have it, you'll like it. I am in no way associated with Walmart nor Oster, just giving personal experience.

Purchase the Oster 6-Slice Digital Toaster Oven at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

Old 11-24-12, 07:44 AM
J
Larry -

Appreciate the link. As I remember, the Costco model was $40.00 and by your link did not have some of the features of your unit.

Jerry

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: