Squealing convection microwave

Old 10-04-13, 07:40 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Squealing convection microwave

I love my 10 year old GE Profile convection microwave! It's pretty quiet during the microwave process but ...... when I preheat for the convention or combination oven there's a terrible squealing and creaking noise that lasts till it reaches the temp I want. Then it is quiet again, I stick the food in and all's right with the world. I got desperate once and dribbled some oil own the center spin shaft. Heaven knows where that ended up! Didn't work well if at all. Any ideas on why when it's on microwave the turntable is quiet but it gets cranky on preheat?????

Old 10-04-13, 08:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,982 Votes on 2,690 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Are you sure it's the turntable making the noise ?
It would more likely be the fan for the convection part or the cooling fan for the microwave.

We're going to need a model number to assist you further.

Old 10-12-13, 04:11 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PJMax - Thanks for your reply. The GE Profile model # is JE1590CC001, manufacture date is March 2003. It may not be the turntable but since it stops when I open the door I can't pinpoint the noise. But here's another piece of the puzzle; this afternoon I baked a casserole on convection and got the pre-heating squeal and just now, 2 hours later, I turned it on again and got no squeal! The oven is cool and I just hear what may be a fan - a mild whirring. I can put up with the squeal (barely ) but I'm concerned that whatever's going on it may be damaging the oven!

Old 10-12-13, 09:19 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
There is a switch on your micro which will turn the turntable on or off while the micro is running. That should either resolve the problem or take that motor out of the equation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: