How to take apart a brother ls2250prw sewing machine

Old 11-13-13, 11:53 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to take apart a brother ls2250prw sewing machine

I want to take apart the brother ls2250prw sewing machine. I tried removing all the screws that seemed to be holding the case on but it still wouldn't come off. I tried getting a repair manual but brother said they only allow authorized dealers to have them.

I was trying to sew on a button and was turning the hand wheel to do it. I felt a slight resistance and then heard a sound. Afterwards, the foot pedal no longer made the needle move although I could hear the motor spinning. The hand wheel still makes the needle move.

Help appreciated.

Old 11-13-13, 01:16 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 962 Votes on 883 Posts
Here is a link to the machine's parts reference list and has exploded view drawings so you can see how it all goes together. I'm hoping you just broke the belt, part #5 on page 11.

Old 11-15-13, 10:29 PM
S
Thanks for that.

I've been looking at the diagram but still haven't been able to figure out how to take the machine apart.

Old 11-16-13, 01:28 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
I looked a pictures and what I see of first one is all of screws 5 have to come out, One may be hidden under label 4 and one under 17, Don't have one so can't be much help.

Old 11-16-13, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator
Received 175 Votes on 141 Posts
I don't think you can take this apart to fix. It's one of those new, disposable machines. For the price of it, you can just buy a new one. Walmart is selling it for $69.
Sorry, but just not worth fixing and probably not fixable.

Old 11-16-13, 05:29 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 962 Votes on 883 Posts
I tried finding the belt and could not find replacement parts online for that machine. I think Shadeladie is right. It's meant to be thrown away. If you get it apart you may be able to take your broken part to a sewing machine shop and have them look for a replacement part.

Old 11-16-13, 11:07 AM
S
Good news. I tried carefully prying the case apart to see inside and it turned out that it snaps open and there were no more screws holding it.

The problem was that the belt from the motor had slipped off of the hand wheel -- it wasn't even broken!

Thanks for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: