Electric pressure cooker power cord socket melted

Old 05-31-14, 07:23 AM
M
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Electric pressure cooker power cord socket melted

I have a Cusinart electric pressure cooker. After dinner yesterday I removed the power cord from the wall receptacle, and the other end of the cord which is a female plugs into the cooker's bottom. That end has a melted slot.

Does this mean I need a replacement cord? Or does it mean there is something wrong with the cooker itself that caused this problem?

Old 06-01-14, 03:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 76 Votes on 69 Posts
Check the pressure cooker where the cord plugs in. make sure it is not damaged there.If not than replace cord but do not touch cooker till cord is plugged in, plug wall side last. Usual reason cord goes bad like that is the cord end loosened up and made a bad connection which causes heat.

Old 06-01-14, 01:10 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,977 Votes on 2,686 Posts
That is the same cord that fits a computer power supply and a multitude of other AC appliances and items. You need to make sure the amperage on the power cord is correct. You may not have been using the correct (heavy enough) power cord.

Definitely change the power cord for an appliance type.... #14 or #16 wire and you may have to replace the power jack in the cooker.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: