Stainless trim separating from microhood

Old 06-30-14, 06:38 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Stainless trim separating from microhood

Hi all- first post, so apologies if anything is amiss.

I have an LG microhood with a stainless trim that has detached from the underlying plastic frame/control panel. I assume the original adhesive failed because that part of the hood is right over the hottest burner on the stove. In any event, I'l like to see if I can successfully glue it back on. I've looked at JB Weld products (even called them; not much help) and Gorilla Glue as possibilities, but thought I'd check here before trying anything. So, any ideas on how to tackle this? It's long out of warranty, so that's out. I have to fix it or it stays like that, and in my house, that ain't a choice BTW, I'd post pics, but I can't get them small enough to fit the limits of iThanks for any ideas you can lend.

Old 07-01-14, 08:43 AM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I would consider contact cement. Even a few dots of super glue may hold it in place. Stay away from the gorilla for this project as it expands when it cures and may push the trim out and/or make a cleanup mess.

One afterthought. Be sure to clean the surfaces first as they probably have a buildup of oils from cooking.

Old 07-01-14, 09:18 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,571 Votes on 1,412 Posts
Contact cement is a good one or maybe an adhesive caulk or double sided tape like used to hold automotive trim in place.

Old 07-01-14, 05:51 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I'll look at those options and give one a try. If it too fails, then, try another!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: