Modern Maid In-Wall Toaster removal

Old 07-24-14, 04:36 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Modern Maid In-Wall Toaster removal

Ok, I'm really stumped here. The left-side element is out on our KBT-100 in-wall toaster so I tried sliding it out to inspect & investigate repair. The problem is, the side slides are now stuck 'out', that is to say, they won't recess back into the wall. Anyway, now the toaster will not slide out more than an inch or so. I hear and feel something catching on both sides (no doubt tabs on the rail somewhere), but damned if I can find how to release them. I'll post a couple of photos. Any tips would be appreciated. // Cheers from Vegas

Attached Images    
Old 07-24-14, 07:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,955 Votes on 2,666 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You'll need to slide the toaster out on the rails. Then squeeze the black mount clips on the end of the slide rail. The toaster will come out 5 inches. You can then unplug the unit. You may need to use a flashlight to look in and see the black clips. You should be able to use a long screwdriver to release them. It would be a good idea to turn power off to the toaster before sticking any metal tools in there.

The real issue will be to try to locate parts.
One place to try is.....Working Vintage Toasters

Old 07-26-14, 03:37 PM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks max. Still can't seem to locate those &$@ге clips! even with a lite. Tried using a thin screwdriver blindly between the rails, but no release. Kicking my butt here. I will prevail however.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: