Sunpentown Su-2000 Repair

Old 12-30-17, 09:54 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sunpentown Su-2000 Repair

I think I'm going to start posting my little fixes here a bit more, since a lot of them don't seem to be available on the internet. My humidifier has kind of sucked since early on, and lately started putting out hardly any moisture at all. i figured that the ultrasonic generator was bad, and looked for a replacement. Wasn't available. I went poking around ebay and found some that looked like they might fit. Didn't know what the specs were for the original, but figured I'd give it a shot for $1. I should have taken pics, but it's pretty self-explanatory:
1. Unscrew base of humidifier
2. Locate generator and remove, it's held in place by a metal plate and 3 screws.
3. Solder new generator in place. The old one had a green and white wire, new one had black and red wires. I guessed and connected black-white and red-green, but I doubt the polarity matters.
4. I put some liquid tape around the solder joints, and replaced the cover plate with the new generator.

Again, really straight forward, took me maybe 15 minutes. So far it's put out 3L in 12 hours (~250 ml/hr, official specs for the unit is around 290 ml/hr), and would probably do better in a drier environment. I'm definitely pleased with it. Here are the specs for the part I bought:

1.Specification:25*1.2mm
2.Resonance Frequency:1.70MHz
3.Resonance Impedance:<2 ohm
4.Coupling Coefficient:>52 %
5.Static Capacitance:1800pF
6.Atomization Amount:380ml/h
7.Ceramic Disc Diameter:25mm(not include rubber ring)

Hope this helps someone! I'm guessing that this will work on any ultrasonic humidifier, as long as the disk will physically fit.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: