Cuisinart Food Processor won't operate - safety switch

Old 12-02-18, 10:57 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face Cuisinart Food Processor won't operate - safety switch

This is my first post to the site, so please excuse me if I don't get it quite right.

I have Cuisinart food processor, about 4 years old, which my wife loves. It is far better than the kitchenaid unit, that we purchased and gave way in 2 weeks ... but that is another story. Anyway the Cuisinart stopped working, and it turns out to be the safety switch actuator in the handle. Its a complex design, with the top, bowel and base all having moving parts to provide very good safety to the operator. My first thought was to just defeat the safety switch in the base, but that removed all the units safety features.
Turns out a plastic arm inside the top had broke and so the pins and levers were not working correctly.

I developed a reasonable design to solve the problem with a minimum of effort and one that I think will operate for considerable time. As I did the work I documented it with some text and a few embedded pictures. I have attached the 2 pics, and hope they are clear enough.

Attached Images   
Old 12-02-18, 02:18 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,154 Upvotes on 1,929 Posts
That works if you can find enough of the pieces when it breaks. I did something very similar the first time it broke and it lasted for a while. My wife makes her kitchen tools really work and she doesn't baby them. So, when it broke again I cut away the offending lever & pivot and put a button on top of the vertical rod. Now we have to push down on the button to turn on the machine but it's proven to be much more durable.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: