Microwave Trim Kit: Do I need the whole thing?

Old 05-02-19, 09:25 AM
Microwave Trim Kit: Do I need the whole thing?

Hi. I have a LG LRM2060ST microwave that I want to mount in the cabinet box above the built-in oven. Self venting. All of the trim kit has strayed except for the front frame.

Question: if I build a wood base below the microwave to lift it to the right level, will that be adequate to replace the missing parts? Cannot find replacements on the internet.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-19, 12:20 PM
Group Moderator
The front frame is the most important part. Some kits come with what looks like a mounting shelf but a built in shelf for the microwave is usually much stronger.

Not sure what you meant by "self venting". The microwave needs cool air to cool off. It won't survive if the box is full of the heat from the oven. The other thing that would need to be confirmed is that the microwave face won't melt from the heat of the oven.

Old 05-04-19, 05:39 AM
Answers

thank you very much! I think I am good to go. By self venting I meant there is ample space around the cabinet but No motorized fan duct to remove hot air. Another microwave Of the same wattage has been in the box for 23 years without incident. THe frame will fit the dimensions of the box perfectly, so the cabinet carpenters obviously built it for this size microwave.

Old 05-04-19, 10:18 PM
Group Moderator
Cool..... then you're all set to go.