Range hood won't turn off

Old 10-24-19, 03:15 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Range hood won't turn off

I have a Broan #ROB3530SS undercabinet range hood which as of last night won't turn off. I also tried to change the speeds and nothing (only low setting worked). I noticed the "all off" button didn't do anything. The lights work fine. I turned off the breaker hoping for a reset but that didn't work and the unit stayed on. I disconnected it to check the innards.

First I checked the capacitor and it checked out fine. I then thought to check motor switches but I can't get to where they are located behind the buttons at the front of the fan. Does anyone know how to get at the switches and control board? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-19, 03:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 924 Votes on 863 Posts
Please double check that model number as it's not listed in Broan/Canada.
If it's not actual physical moving buttons..... then it will require a control board replacement.

Old 10-26-19, 11:50 AM
E
Oh, it's correct, and the bane of my existence at this time, Pjmax!! Turns out it has Broan stamped on the sheet metal and ID label but it's actually made by Venmar (as disclosed in the user manual). However, when I checked the model number at something called HVI.org, it lists under Broan. I believe this particular model was made exclusively for a retailer in Canada (Rona, now owned by Lowes) however it seems like a pretty standard vent hood. It was purchased in Feb/2010, so it doesn't owe me anything, but it seems like such a strange problem to arise. I've searched quite a bit and no information seems to exist. I guess most people just toss these out. Even if I want to fix it, locating the parts is a problem as none of the repair part shops I have tried recognize the model number. I've attached a couple of photos that show the model number and the type of buttons. I think they are mechanical as I can hear a click when they are depressed but the control board is directly behind those buttons so who knows. Thanks for your time!

Name:  f1.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  40.2 KB

Name:  f2.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  113.7 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 10-26-19 at 01:43 PM. Reason: reoriented/resized pictures
Old 10-26-19, 01:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 924 Votes on 863 Posts
I'll keep checking.................

Old 10-27-19, 12:16 PM
E
Don't take up too much of your time Pjmax. I actually found a website, www.broanpartshq.ca, and I couldn't find any control switch or board parts that are available for this fan. I guess discontinued fan leads to discontinued parts. The one part I thought might fit was over $150. Not worth the price to fix.

Old 04-25-20, 10:03 PM
L
Did you find a solution?

I have the same issue with the same looking range hood and will gladly accept any advice if you fixed the issue!

thanks