Mystery hose on Delonghi EAM3200 "Magnifica" Espresso Maker

Old 04-10-20, 08:04 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Mystery hose on Delonghi EAM3200 "Magnifica" Espresso Maker

If you've ever done a deep cleaning of an EAM3200, you've probably missed this --

There's a black rubber waste hose running from the bottom of the steam generator to a waste water passageway hidden behind the control panel facia. The passageway leads to the drip tray down below. The waste includes coffee grains and water. And, the passageway can get clogged up.

The waste hose is purpose-built, with specially molded parts on both ends. However, it isn't in any of the parts diagrams. And, servicing the waste passageway isn't mentioned in the cleaning section of the owner's manual.

In my case, I found the waste hose dangling loose when I pulled off the control panel facia while replacing a cracked steam valve tap assembly. I'd apparently dislodged it, had to spend some head-scratching time to sort how to reconnect it. The hose end was wet and coated in coffee grain crud and the passageway was clogged with damp coffee grains. It was still passing water [after 11 years of use]. But, the clog was going to eventually cause water water to spew all over the inside of the control panel where it would do some damage. I picked at the clog with a small flat screwdriver then cleaned out the passageway with a flexible tube cleaning brush. I then flushed it with water using a turkey baster.
20200410_054534.jpg
20200410_054536.jpg
20200410_070052.jpg
20200410_072214.jpg

Attached Images     
Sponsored Links