Universal Replacement Hose for Shark Vacuum?

Old 05-04-20, 08:25 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Universal Replacement Hose for Shark Vacuum?

I have a Shark Navigator NV370 and the upper hose that connects the handle to the main unit needs to be replaced. However, the only replacement hoses I've found include the plastic fitting on one end and the complete handle on the other. I've already shortened the hose at each end where it has split in the past, so I know it is easy to replace only the hose.

Does anyone know of a universal hose that will work with the Shark Navigators? I know places like McMaster sell the spiral PVC hoses by the foot, so I could take my chances and order something in hopes it will fit. The OD looks to be 1-5/8". But, if someone has a good source on a hose that for sure will work please let me know! Thanks!

Name:  hero-153FFJ.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  8.7 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-20, 12:00 AM
Group Moderator
Received 932 Votes on 869 Posts
If you went with 1-1/2" vacuum cleaner hose..... you should be fine.
Something like this should work..... Bulk hose
Hard to say if other bulk products would work.

Old 05-05-20, 08:33 AM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the link! Indeed the #1 size looks like the correct dimensions. The one characteristic of the old hose that I will still want/need is that it collapses/expands (in the pic of my first post you can see how tight the rings are when the hose is unstressed/collapsed). It keeps the hose short and organized when the handle is attached, but allows for some reach when using the handle by itself. It appears the product you linked is a fixed length.