Why is my mr. coffee not filling carafe.

Old 06-07-20, 01:32 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Why is my mr. coffee not filling carafe.

My mr. coffee is using all the 12 cups in the reservoir but is only giving me half a pot. What is wrong?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-20, 01:37 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 529 Votes on 486 Posts
You say it is using all 12 cups but only half is making it into the carafe. Where is the water going? Do you have a leak or is half the water still left in the reservoir?

Old 06-07-20, 01:40 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If I fill it over 12 cups it will leak but at 12 cups it does not leak. A inordinate amount of the water is standing in the basket. I really do not know where water is going but it is making steaming sounds way too soon and al water is gone from reservoir

Old 06-07-20, 03:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 923 Votes on 862 Posts
Those machines work on the principle of boiling water at the bottom and the hot water is forced to the top where it dumps over the grounds. When the boiler/heater reaches a certain temperature it knows the water is all gone and to shut off. However.... if the boiler section gets full of calcium..... the heater will overheat and shut off prematurely. Usually you can hit the brew button after a few minutes and it will start brewing again.

If that's what is happening..... you need to run several cups of white vinegar thru the machine to clean it. It may take several cleanings to get back to normal.

Old 06-07-20, 04:07 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 529 Votes on 486 Posts
Your first job is to find out where the water is going. Once you know where the water is or isn't going we will know. For example if water is only making it as far as the basket it could be that the valve at the bottom of the basket is clogged and needs to be cleaned out.

Old 06-07-20, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 105 Votes on 81 Posts
Honestly, I just buy cheapo 12 cup automatic coffee makers like Hamilton Beach or Black and Decker. Between sales and discounts, I never pay more than $15. I find they make coffee as good as pricey brands and the pricey brands don't last any longer than the cheap brands. They work a fairly long time until they break and when they break, I just buy another cheapo. Works for me!

Old 06-08-20, 01:57 AM
Received 311 Votes on 291 Posts
I never pay more than $15
We keep a couple similar models on hand, when one dies, throw it away but keep the carafe, they cost more to replace than a completely new coffee maker!