Microwave Door Not Closing

Old 06-25-20, 05:28 PM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post

I have a GE Profile Microwave and the door for this microwave is not closing. Even though it appears the door may be closing, the interior light inside the microwave stays lit all the time. The push button release is not catching anything to try and open the door and I have to use my fingers to pry the door open. I cannot use the microwave until the door latches closed.

On the side of the door there are 2 plastic white latches and I am able to move them up and down with my fingers. These latches seem to need to connect to two holes on the side of the microwave. Something is not happening and I have put some photos for my microwave below.

Any help you all can provide is appreciated !

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-20, 07:15 PM
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 853 Posts
It's closing fine..... it's not latching.

Welcome to GE microwave door problems. You'll probably find many videos on you tube covering issues on these units. You didn't leave a model number but typically there is a piece of plastic that contains the three door switches and is where the latch engages. That plastic assembly cracks.

Old 06-26-20, 04:52 AM
L
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Sorry the model number is ZE2160SF 05

Where exactly is the plastic assembly that is cracking? Is it something that I should be able to see easily or is it behind something - meaning I have to remove a piece first to get to the cracked assembly?

Old 06-26-20, 05:50 AM
M
Received 145 Votes on 132 Posts
It may be just the picture but the top latch hook on the door looks like it is not sitting correctly.