Delonghi ESAM3200 power board replacement, grrr

Old 08-17-20, 01:34 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Delonghi ESAM3200 power board replacement, grrr

Hi, there. The power board on the our cappuccino maker is dying. It's not putting out enough power to heat the water for brewing. So the coffees are getting weaker and thinner. It's to the point I've got fix it or replace it.

Delonghi part 5232111100 is _supposed_ to be a replacement for obsolete part 5232104800. However, the new part is missing two electrical connector posts. On both boards, these are marked as "IFD" at position F5 and "EV1" at position F12. The new board simply doesn't have posts soldered to these positions.

So, what do I do with the two 14 gauge wires that'd normally go to these positions? Anybody know what functions are served by these particular wires? (Yes, I know. I could just tie them off, find out for myself. Figured I'd crowd-source the question first.)

Old 08-17-20, 07:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,138 Upvotes on 3,716 Posts
I can't even tell from the service manual where they go.
One diagram shows one thing and another a different thing.

The service manual is in Italian and Romanian.
Have you tried contacting the place where you got the new board ?

Old 08-20-20, 05:27 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pete -- Thanks for checking.
Yes, I've tried contacting the seller, www.partsimple.com. Nothing but crickets.
I'm hesitant to try the new board until I've got some reason to expect a working solution. So --
Desperation option #1: I can pull the two lines one at a time, tie them back, figure out what then doesn't work. Then, decide if we can live with the situation. If not --
Desperation option #2: Futz around with an ohmeter to figure out the voltages, common ground, etc., on the existing board. Then sort out whether splicing the two extra lines in to others might be worth a shot.

Old 08-20-20, 06:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,138 Upvotes on 3,716 Posts
You could also trace those two wires back to their source.

If you would like a copy of the pdf manual...... send your email address to me in a PM and I'll send it to you. It's too big to post here as an attachment.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: